There’s a shuttle service between Corvallis and PDX. I took it today for the first time. It’s not a bad way to get to the airport if you don’t want to take a car, but it only runs every two hours so you may spend some time waiting after your arrive. They drop you off at the front of the airport. Very handy.
Here are a few pros and cons from today’s experience…
- They drive, you don’t. By far the biggest pro.
- On board WiFi. It seemed a bit flakey, by Sam has had good experience with it.
- Big windows. It isn’t often that I’m not the driver on that route.
- Don’t be in a hurry. It’ll take you longer to get there than if you drive.
- Storage above the seats is too small to be useful.
The seats are so-so. More leg room, but about the same width than an economy airline seat. Comfortable enough.
If you take it, I recommend that you remember to bring a bottle of water and to consider which side of the shuttle the sun will be shining on. Fortunately, for this time of year, I selected the shady side otherwise I may have been baked.
Stops along the way include; Albany, Salem, and Woodburn. The round-trip cost for me was $85.
Here’s the link to their website…